- Go to tagmanger.google.com
- Login to the gmail you want Tag Manager to be associated with
- Click Create Account if it does not come up immediately
- Name the account
- Click "Continue"
- Type in the domain of the website you'd like to put Google Tag Manger on. Be sure to start with "www."
- Accept the terms of service
- Copy the first code and put it as high in the <head> page as possible
- Copy the second code and paste it immediately after the opening <body> tag.
- Check to make sure Google Tag Manager is installed properly by installing the Google Tag Assist Chrome extension.
- Go to your website
- Click the Google Tag Assist Chrome extension
- Click "Enable"
- Refresh the page
If you see green, then it is installed properly.
- Make sure you go back to Google Tag Manager and click "Publish" before installing any other pixels.
For more information click here.